So Christmas is just a few days away, but haven't started decorating your home yet? Here are a few fun DIYs that are simple to do and look great, and you can get the kids involved too! Create your very own DIY wrapping paper, Christmas twine ornaments and wreaths!
1) Potato Wrapping Paper
What you’ll need:
Paint- we used white for the snowflakes
Cardboard or newspaper
Optional: Twine or ribbon (to accent your wrapping paper when you wrap your gift)
Small pieces of cardstock for gift tags
Warning: you may develop a craving for fries while doing this craft.
1) Cut your potato into half.
2) Press your cookie cutter into the potato. If you have a larger size cutter, you may need to rack the grocery aisle for larger potatoes.
3) Cut around the potato with your knife so you get a raised shape of the cookie cutter. Carefully remove the cookie cutter from the potato. Repeat steps 1-4 for a variety of potato stamps with different shapes.
4) Squeeze the paint onto the cardboard and load up your potato stamp(s) with paint. Have fun stamping your craft paper!
5) Paint on any details you’d like, such as ornaments for the Christmas tree.
6) Let it dry and wrap your present with some twine/ribbon and you're done!
You could also make a simple gift tag with some card stock and the potato stamps. Cut around the edges and punch a hole onto it, and write the recipient’s name, your message and your name on the back and attach it to the twine/ribbon.
2) Twine Ornaments
What you'll need:
A ball of twine
Newspaper or cardboard just to keep your workspace clean
1) Blow up the balloon to create a small balloon, and tie off the end.